|Our theme for July, “Fortifying the Family,” comes with impeccable timing. In 12 days I will be starting a new chapter of my life when I make a pretty significant commitment to a pretty fantastic man in front of all my family and friends. In all of this wedding hoopla, we have spent a lot of time reflecting on our family: parents, grandparents, siblings, and our friends. We recognize that it’s the people in our life, not the things we have, that make our lives worthwhile and we have spent a lot of time deciding what we could do to show our gratitude for the point we are at in our lives.|
I am big fan of sentimental gifts that come from the heart and we decided to make lists for each parent with the reasons we love them. I never imagined how difficult this task would be. We both sat there for hours, so overwhelmed. There are so many reasons we love our parents, how do you narrow it down to 20 things? Here are a few off of my list to my Mom:
- Green milk and banana pancakes on St. Patrick’s Day
- “I love you” notes in my lunch box
- For every “opportunity plus preparedness equals luck,” “you are responsible for your happiness,” and “you need your 20’s to figure yourself out, be picky, you won’t know what you really want until you’re older”
- All your talks to make sure I always learned from my mistakes and yours
- Letting me find my talent through dancing, swimming, acting, violin, piano…and letting it be okay that I’m just not that talented J
It’s true what they say, “it’s the small things in life.” Read this week’s communication to learn how to make the most of your family moments.
Side note: Making lists about why you love someone puts you in a really great frame of mind if you know they will be driving you crazy for the next week!
Leave A Comment